Monday, August 10, 2015

Tour of the District

My daughters and I went for a bike ride this evening and I was a bit overwhelmed at what we experienced. Tomorrow evening Dixon neighbors are going on a field trip for our Neighborhood Meeting. We are going to tour the other Pioneer Neighborhoods to see what we can learn and find aspects that we want to emulate. My daughters and I went out this evening to plan our route. We biked through Timpanogos Neighborhood, and into Joaquin Neighborhood. We dropped down to Maeser Neighborhood and back through Franklin Neighborhood. We were looking for both the good and the bad, but came away with a greater appreciation for the special community that we live in. We were awed by the historic, stately homes, but admired the beautifully maintained yards of smaller, cute homes just as much. We were focused on our task to prepare for the neighborhood meeting, but at one point I commented to my oldest that everything we had seen this evening is the area that I hope to represent on the Council. "Whoa," she said, "I love our district." I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'll try to remember my camera tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment