Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Race to Represent District 5

I am thrilled with the outcome of the candidate filing period which ended a week ago. Every race has at least two candidates and four out of the five races will have a primary to whittle the candidates down to two per race.

Regular readers know how anxious I was to have multiple good candidates on the ballot for the District 5 representative. I was torn about running again, just to give voters more options. It turned out great, with three candidates filing to run for the seat. I don't know Zac Green, but I look forward to learning about him and why he would make a good councilor. The other two candidates, Rachel Whipple and Coy Porter, I know personally. I don't know where they stand on all of the issues, but I do know that they are thoughtful, service-oriented individuals who have been involved in our community for many years. I couldn't be happier with the choices we have on our ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment